Mission and Values
Montlure is owned by the two Presbyteries of Arizona. The Grand Canyon Presbytery
and the De Cristo Presbytery
Montlure is a special place for children, youth and adults in the
ministries of the church. It provides the opportunity for a Christian
experience in a setting that places it apart from the everyday world.
It brings campers in touch with the beauty of creation where God's role
in their lives is made real and enriches their relationships with
others. The primary emphasis of this ministry is to offer a Christian
experience through a carefully developed curriculum and competent
directors and counselors who staff the camp each week. Summer camping
sessions are held for groups from grade 4 through High School seniors.
Countless generations have benefited from the Montlure camping
is a ministry rooted in the beauty of creation, offering a safe and
nurturing space for all to connect through transformation,
restoration and faith exploration.
Montlure Presbyterian Church Camp is a ministry for all to find and grow their faith in Jesus Christ.
The key elements of our ministry are:
- A Christ-centered camping program of the highest quality
- An environment where camp counselors and directors are nurtured as future leaders of the Church
- A forum for establishing and developing strong connections between churches of the Presbyteries of Grand Canyon and de Cristo
- A ministry that complements the Christian Education programs of our constituent churches
theology rooted in the essential tenets of the Reformed Faith as
expressed in the creeds and confessions of the Presbyterian Church
- Creative stewardship of our site and facilities
making continual improvements while respectful of what has been passed
on to us by previous generations
- Sound fiscal and
organizational management, including an off-season rental program for
families, churches and other compatible groups